Want to learn to do free-motion quilting but don’t know where to start? Can you do a few simple patterns but you want to expand your creativity? Have you taken other classes and failed? Are you afraid you’ll ruin that beautiful top you spent weeks piecing? This is the class for you!
RaNae's unique teaching system and specialized tools guide you step-by-step through simple exercises that will get you moving comfortable at the sewing machine and build your quilting skills as you quilt one block at a time. You'll go home with a practice plan to continue building your skills and finish quilting your first free-motion quilt, or finish your blocks into the project shown above. Best of all, you'll leave class saying "I can DO this!"
In this class you will learn how to:
- Pre-train your hands anytime, anywhere, before you sit down at the sewing machine.
- Set up your machine for free-motion quilting
- Move your hands, your body and the quilt for relaxed, efficient quilting
- Quilt the fundamental shapes that are the basis for all quilting patterns
- Join pre-quilted blocks to make a quilt of any size
The class is taught on domestic sewing machines. The book includes instructions for domestic machines.